Viking Insurance Company
Competition among auto insurance companies is harsh. Every insurer tries to attract as many customers/policyholders as possible and use many different creative marketing methods to stay competitive. Despite all the good efforts to improve, some companies just find it too difficult to stay relevant in the market.
Take Viking Insurance Company for example; while the company had never been in great financial difficulties, it decided to join Sentry Insurance in 2005 and merge operation with another subsidiary of Sentry, the Dairyland Insurance. The collaboration with Dairyland Insurance expands the scope of the business for Sentry.
Prior to the purchase the company, Dairyland had the license to sell and underwrite auto insurance policies in 27 states. When Sentry brought the company on board and merged it with Dairyland, the scope expanded to the great extent that it now has the license to do business in 43 states.
Due to the merging process, Viking Insurance Company no longer exists as a stand-alone entity
It now runs all of its operations under the roof and name of Dairyland. This is a good example of how harsh the competitive market in the auto insurance industries is. On the one hand, the company has to give up its name for another company; on the contrary, the company at least has survived the fierce competition. Although it is no longer a stand-alone entity, its existence still continues under a different name and a reputable parent company.
Dairyland Insurance is a company that specializes on high-risk drivers. It is an auto insurance provider that runs its business in the non-standard market. The company focuses on state’s minimum coverage requirements to help drivers acquire affordable insurance and get back on the road with no hassle. Since Viking Insurance Company has become part of Dairyland, it must follow suit in terms of business operations. Drivers cannot purchase auto insurance from Viking Insurance, but they can get the same (if not better) things from Dairyland.
Non-Standard Auto Insurance Market
Auto insurance companies come in two types: standard and non-standard. The former is a regular car insurance company with regular application procedures. It asks for detailed driving records, credit scores, and past accidents before it can give approval. The term high risk means the drivers have a quite bad reputation on the road for examples past DUI convictions, a pile of traffic tickets, involvement in majors accidents in the past, or history of insurance lapses. Very young or old drivers may also fall under the high-risk category. It is almost impossible for high-risk drivers to get coverage from the standard auto insurance company, and this is where non-standard companies come to the rescue. Non-standard insurance companies focus on high-risk drivers. Approval is almost a certainty regardless of past driving records or credit scores. The caveat is that coverage price from non-standard insurance market is higher than its standard counterpart.
The Dairyland Benefits
In many cases, the merging of two companies leads to improvement in overall service and products range. Viking Insurance, despite the merging process, does not just disappear from the market; it shares its business capabilities with Dairyland, and together they come with these useful features:
• Affordable non-standard auto insurance options
• Multiple discounts with easy eligibility requirements to reduce premium
• Pay-as-You-Go insurance option
• 24/7 customer service
• SR-22 at the same day
• Non-owner car insurance
High-risk drivers must pay extra to acquire insurance coverage from the non-standard insurance company. To help them lower their expenses, Viking Insurance Company offers flexible auto coverage in agreement with state’s regulations. It means that no matter where the driver lives, the coverage always complies with the state’s insurance requirements. Most states require at least Liability Coverage that covers two different types:
1. Bodily Injury Liability: it is the coverage that protects policyholders from financial burdens of medical expense in case they are at-fault in an accident. The at-fault party must pay for the medical cost for the other party. Total costs can be thousands of dollars. Liability Coverage helps ease the obligation.
2. Property Damage Liability: another version of Bodily Injury, but the expense of this coverage is to pay the cost of property damages such as car repair.
Apart from Liability Coverage, the company also offers other types of coverage as follows:
– Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Physical Damage (Collision and Comprehensive)
– Uninsured Motorists (UM) – Towing & Labor
– Underinsured Motorists (UIM) – Rental Reimbursement
– Medical Payments – Lien holder
– Special Equipment
– Some states also include PIP as minimum coverage requirement
An insurance company builds its reputation not only through products range but also from the quality of its customer service. There are hundreds of insurers all across the country with more or less the same products, but they can be different in terms of customer service quality. As a matter of fact, customers are willing to spend a little bit more money on companies that offer professional assistance to customers regardless of their issues. Viking Insurance Company together with Dairyland has developed a strong customer service department to provide professional help in all matters:
• Call for Quote
• Policy Questions
• Claims Service
• Make a Payment
• Report Suspected Fraud
• Policy Support Documents
All departments have both phone and online support portals, so the service is available anytime any day all year long. It is important to keep the claim service line open to help customers right away after a report.
Quick SR-22 Documentation At Viking Insurance Company
An SR-22 is not an auto insurance coverage by itself. However, it is a letter of confirmation that the holder meets the state’s minimum coverage requirements. An SS-22 is necessary after the following events:
• DUI or DWI conviction
• At-fault accidents
• Reckless driving
• Driving with suspended license
• Driving without insurance
Viking Insurance, as a provider, makes sure that every driver who applies for SR-22 always complies with state’s regulations. Another good thing is that the company helps anyone to file the proper paperwork and send the documents on the same day.
Non-Owner Car Insurance
A non-owner car insurance helps drivers protect themselves from liability damages in case of at-fault road accidents when they drive cars they do not own, such as rental cars. It is not a mandatory coverage by any means, but it can be useful for someone who:
• Drives rental cars very often
• Does not have regular access to car
• Takes public transportation on regular basis
• Needs to file SR-22
The most efficient way to minimize auto insurance expense is to take advantage of the available discounts. Dairyland offers discounts with easy eligibility requirements as follows:
• Multi-Car Discount: the same car on the same policy deserves price reductions
• Advanced Quote Discount: get the quote a week in advance to be eligible for this discount
• Transfer Discount: the only requirement is to ask for a transfer at least six months in advance and become a policyholder
• Homeowners Discount: as long as applicants own a house, condo, mobile home, or townhouse, they are eligible for the discount
• Defensive Driving: enroll in Defensive Driving Course to be eligible
• Anti-theft Device: if the car comes with safety devices, the company rewards the driver with insurance discount as well.
• Payment Frequency Discount
Viking Insurance Company works with either direct purchase or through independent agents
Direct purchase means customers can save even more money because there are no intermediaries in the process. All discussions and payments happen only between the company and policyholder without any involvement from third-party service. With an independent agent, customers must pay for the extra service out of their pocket. The good thing is that independent agent handles every process from the start to the end. The agents can also help in times of claims, too.