Viking Auto Insurance
Company Trusted For Over 25+ Years*
Call us 855-620-9443
Company Trusted For Over 25+ Years*
Auto insurance is a valuable hedge that protects you financially if you get into an accident. The law in almost all states requires every driver to own an auto insurance policy if they operate a vehicle. Viking Auto Insurance has been helping clients get covered for decades with great coverage at affordable rates.
It is safe to say that insurers will not run out of customers to insure for many decades to come, despite the recent trends in electric and driverless cars. New cars and new drivers keep on coming to the roadways every day. This also means more demands in the marketplace and changing consumer needs. Auto insurance is not a physical good, although buyers receive a policy or documents as proof of purchase that insurers sell our services in financial protection. Compare Viking Auto Insurance rates in about five minutes. Enter your zip code and fill out a short application to get started.
Hundreds of companies, from small-scale to giant corporate titans, compete to attract customers daily. More prominent or more-established names get the upper hand as they have more financial power and scope to attract new customers. They also have the license to underwrite policies in more states, which leaves smaller-scale companies struggling to remain competitive.
Once in a while, the more prominent company takes a drastic approach to expand its business range by purchasing smaller counterparts. Take Viking Car Insurance, for example. It has been part of Sentry Insurance and has been operating under the name of Dairyland Insurance since 2005 as an independent entity. Viking Auto Insurance thrived as a smaller insurer by focusing on the customer’s needs and providing valuable one-on-one service.
While Viking Auto Insurance is no longer an active company, it still does business with Dairyland and underwrites policies. Viking Auto Insurance now has the license to sell and underwrite policies in 43 states, from the previous 27 states, by Dairyland alone. The acquisition gives an excellent example of how a business can grow exponentially with the right partnership in place for the market.
When a significant company purchases a smaller one, it can expand faster, with greater access to human and capital resources. Viking Auto Insurance, under Dairyland, offers a wide range of insurance products.
1. Liability: every auto insurance policy has liability coverage. It is the minimum requirement in almost all states. Liability provides financial protection for the policyholder in an at-fault accident. There are two different forms:
Getting enough coverage to protect your assets is always wise if you get into a severe automobile accident. Policyholders can go with the minimum requirement or ask for a higher protection limit from Viking Auto Insurance. Each state also has the authority to set the minimum limit for each form of liability coverage.
2. UM (Uninsured Motorists): Auto insurance is mandatory in most states. Some drivers take their chances and drive without any coverage. This is not a wise move and poses serious risks. In an accident where the driver is at fault, they must cover the cost of injuries and property damages for the other party. When the policyholder has Uninsured Motorist coverage, there is no need to wait until the at-fault person pays out on the claim. Viking Car Insurance helps cover the cost of medical treatment and car repairs as soon as the accident investigation concludes.
3. UIM (Underinsured Motorists): there are similarities between UM and UIM, but the latter functions as financial support. It does not cover medical treatment and property damage repair costs because the at-fault party has an insurance policy. However, the policy limit is insufficient to pay for everything, so Viking Auto Insurance assists.
4. PIP (Personal Injury Protection): mandatory in some states; PIP acts like secondary health insurance that kicks in for injuries due to road incidents. In a time-sensitive situation, when there is no time to file claims to the health insurance providers, PIP coverage can handle the medical cost. In case medical cost surpasses the limit of PIP; health insurance should come to the rescue.
5. Medical Payments: Similar to Personal Injury Protection coverage, Medical Payment also helps cover medical costs. A combination of PIP and Medical Payment makes a considerable amount to cover at least minor injuries. Please remember that the limit is not as generous as stand-alone health insurance, but it should be enough for an emergency.
6. Physical Damage: Property damage liability covers car repairs for the other party. Physical Damage coverage pays the repair cost for the policyholder’s vehicles regardless of who is at fault. It comes in two types:
7. Towing & Labor: in an emergency in the middle of nowhere, Towing & Labor coverage from Viking Auto Insurance reimburses the cost of taking the policyholder’s vehicle to the nearest service center.
8. Rental Reimbursement: when the policyholder’s car is still out of service due to an accident, Viking Auto Insurance offers rental reimbursement. The policyholder does not have to take public transportation until the vehicle is ready to drive again.
9. Lien Holder Coverage: some drivers do not have full ownership of their cars; full ownership is an ongoing process until full payment. Drivers still need to make regular payments to the company that leases or finances the vehicle. The credit/bank/financial company often asks for high-limit Lien Holder coverage to prevent loss if the car gets into an accident before full pay-off.
10. Special Equipment: coverage to protect any special equipment in the vehicle. There are restrictions, so the company needs to inspect before it approves the application for this coverage.
The former is the type of driver who falls under the safe category. Some indications include a clean driving record, zero involvement in accidents for the last several years, on-time payment to the insurance company, and a good credit score. High-risk drivers are those with records full of traffic tickets, history of insurance lapses, convictions of DUI, and sometimes bad credit scores. High-risk drivers often face difficulties getting approval from the standard insurance market as most companies are reluctant to provide financial protections. All the indicators of high-risk drivers make it difficult for insurers to give consent. They think problematic drivers have tendencies to repeat the same mistakes in the future.
Viking Insurance offers easy options for high-risk drivers to get insurance. There are differences in price due to the same reasons that the standard market rejects such drivers. At the very least, the company provides a solution. They can acquire auto policies and have the chance to refine their records. Some major traffic violations such as DUI, driving without a license, driving without active insurance, at-fault accidents that cause permanent injuries or deaths, and reckless driving behaviors make drivers fall under the high-risk category.
It often comes with the obligation to file an SR-22 document. This document is not an insurance policy but proof that the driver does have an auto policy in compliance with the state’s minimum requirement. The good thing is that Viking Insurance can help applicants file SR-22 documents and complete the process within one day.
Apart from all the coverage options for high-risk and low-risk drivers, the company offers a good range of discounts to help policyholders minimize their insurance expenses. The available discounts are:
A driving record plays a vital role in helping the company determine whether or not a driver deserves the price reduction. Low-risk drivers have a better chance of being eligible. High-risk drivers, who often have to pay more for minimum coverage, can take advantage of some options such as Defensive Driving Discount and Anti-Theft Discount. Both options require extra steps and money, but the price reduction can be significant enough to balance out the additional expense of enrolling in the course and purchasing safety devices.
Now that you know the advantages of Viking Auto Insurance, it’s time to compare rates. To compare shop rates for the converge you need, fill out a quote application. It only takes about five minutes, and you could save $500 or more.